An extra sketchy update for my Digital Audio and Video class project. I must admit this has been a learning experience, at the same time I feel that I've had to do some kinda magic rush work with this one. But that's okay, atlease most of the work is somewhat done and sketchy. In about 7 hours though, I'm going to be on a plane for Jamaica and I won't be able to work on anything for 4-5 days! Now I'm going to sleeeep!
Here's a short How To, I hope could be of help to someone who'd be interesting in learning how to set up a 3D model for lip synching, or any kind of dialogue animation in 3Ds Max. I'm sure that this could be useful in other 3D applications as well. This is kind of what you can end up with: When you've completed a 3D model that you want to to be able to animate with facial expressions, and have a character's mouth animate along with a dialogue. One way that you can achieve that kind of animation is with the use of a Morpher modifier. I'm going to explain the process of setting one up, don't worry, it's very simple! This is an example of a completed head model, it could be textured or not, it's entirely up to you. From this point, you won't be able to do much animating to it's facial expressions or do an lip sync. Why? That's because you have to apply a morpher modifier on the the main head model. Next, you'll be making copies of...
A sketched storyboard on small thumbnails. It was kind of tough getting all the details into these tiny boxes. This was for a class assignment that required the complete use of all creativity you can conjure. So, I decided to do some epic story about some guy named John, who starts from being broke and jobless, to somehow getting transported to an alternate dimension where he meets his older self. However, I realized I was putting so much work on myself, which led me to robbing more mister sandman hours to finish 64 teeny sketches.. good times.. : )
Comments
Post a Comment